Released on this day (July 30, 1999), veteran director K Raghavendra Rao’s romance musical, Rajakumarudu, introduced Superstar Krishna’s son Mahesh Babu as a hero. Today, this Ashwini Dutt production completes 22 years since its release.
Rajakumarudu launched Mahesh in a big way in Tollywood. The Ghattamaneni scion proved his talent in dances and expressions right in his debut film, which went on to become a big hit and celebrated 100 days in nearly 50 centres across the twin Telugu states. The film also had Bollywood actress Preity Zinta playing the female lead and Manisharma composing the music.
Articles that might interest you:
- Impressive day 1 collections of Chiranjeevi’s God Father in Nizam
- Interesting teaser of Teja’s Ahimsa released
- Kamal Haasan heaps praise on Ponniyin Selvan-1
- Buzz: Kantara to be dubbed into other languages
- Official: RRR for Oscars – Deets inside
- Review : God Father – Boss is Back