Released on this day (July 30, 1999), veteran director K Raghavendra Rao’s romance musical, Rajakumarudu, introduced Superstar Krishna’s son Mahesh Babu as a hero. Today, this Ashwini Dutt production completes 22 years since its release.
Rajakumarudu launched Mahesh in a big way in Tollywood. The Ghattamaneni scion proved his talent in dances and expressions right in his debut film, which went on to become a big hit and celebrated 100 days in nearly 50 centres across the twin Telugu states. The film also had Bollywood actress Preity Zinta playing the female lead and Manisharma composing the music.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss 5 – A triangular love story happening in the house
- Netflix bags OTT rights of Nani’s next
- Smashing glimpse of Ajith’s Valimai raises expectations
- Mahesh Babu’s meeting with Uppena director raises curiosity
- Shalini Pandey responds to her big Hindi debut getting delayed
- Maha Samudram trailer – Massy, intense and power-packed