Following the blockbuster success of Nawab’s Tamil version, master filmmaker Mani Ratnam was reportedly planning to revive his ambitious historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan. Mani has reportedly begun casting for the project.
However, it looks like Mani’s plans to make Ponniyin Selvan have been disrupted by Rajinikanth’s younger daughter Soundarya Rajinikanth. A few days ago, Soundarya announced an original web-series based on Ponniyin Selvan. She has partnered with the video streaming service MX Player to produce this Tamil epic based on Kalki’s novel.
Soundarya’s production house May 6 Entertainment will be producing the series and Sooriyaprathap S will be directing it. Whether Mani Ratnam will go on to make Ponniyin Selvan’s big screen version or not remains to be seen.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sai Pallavi to romance Dhanush in Shekhar Kammula film?
- Allu Arjun starts focusing on Icon now
- Priyadarshi shows his versatility with his new series ING
- Pushpa’s second part to have a new title and villain?
- One of the directors I admire: Dhanush on Sekhar Kammula
- Poll : With which hero should Prabhas do a multistarrer?