Following the blockbuster success of Nawab’s Tamil version, master filmmaker Mani Ratnam was reportedly planning to revive his ambitious historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan. Mani has reportedly begun casting for the project.
However, it looks like Mani’s plans to make Ponniyin Selvan have been disrupted by Rajinikanth’s younger daughter Soundarya Rajinikanth. A few days ago, Soundarya announced an original web-series based on Ponniyin Selvan. She has partnered with the video streaming service MX Player to produce this Tamil epic based on Kalki’s novel.
Soundarya’s production house May 6 Entertainment will be producing the series and Sooriyaprathap S will be directing it. Whether Mani Ratnam will go on to make Ponniyin Selvan’s big screen version or not remains to be seen.
Articles that might interest you:
- Noted Actress turns singer
- Star director reveals Anu Emanuel’s attitude issues
- Allu Arjun is a dangerously hardworking actor : Murali Sharma
- Mahesh Babu’s new multiplex in this city?
- Strict rules being followed for megastar’s next
- Poll : Which of these two Pawan Kalyan films are you eagerly looking forward to?