Following the blockbuster success of Nawab’s Tamil version, master filmmaker Mani Ratnam was reportedly planning to revive his ambitious historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan. Mani has reportedly begun casting for the project.
However, it looks like Mani’s plans to make Ponniyin Selvan have been disrupted by Rajinikanth’s younger daughter Soundarya Rajinikanth. A few days ago, Soundarya announced an original web-series based on Ponniyin Selvan. She has partnered with the video streaming service MX Player to produce this Tamil epic based on Kalki’s novel.
Soundarya’s production house May 6 Entertainment will be producing the series and Sooriyaprathap S will be directing it. Whether Mani Ratnam will go on to make Ponniyin Selvan’s big screen version or not remains to be seen.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sudheer Babu’s Hunt teaser to be out on this date
- Mahesh Babu extends Daughter’s Day wishes to Sitara in style
- Viral Video: Nagarjuna grooves to Chiranjeevi’s song
- Ponniyin Selvan ticket prices locked in Hyderabad
- Venue locked for Swathimuthyam’s trailer launch
- Official: Date locked for God Father’s pre-release event