Thanks to the massive success of Nawab’s Tamil version, master filmmaker Mani Ratnam is reviving his ambitious project, Ponniyin Selvan, a historical period drama based on the Raja Raja Chola dynasty. Mani has reportedly begun casting for the project last month.
But recently, Rajini’s younger daughter Soundarya announced a web-series on Ponniyin Selvan. This led to speculations that Mani Ratnam may shelve his version. However, the latest updates coming in from Kollywood circles reveal that Mani Ratnam has not dropped his plans to make Ponniyin Selvan and that the project will surely go on floors. An official announcement is awaited from Madras Talkies.
Articles that might interest you:
- Hanu Raghavapudi completes a decade in Telugu cinema
- This famous Bollywood actress injures her leg while shooting
- Mahesh Mania: Pokiri creates a never-before record – Deets inside
- Sita Ramam’s latest worldwide collections are humongous
- Chay reveals who his favorite pan-India star is?
- Official: Date locked for the release of Sita Ramam Hindi version