Thanks to the massive success of Nawab’s Tamil version, master filmmaker Mani Ratnam is reviving his ambitious project, Ponniyin Selvan, a historical period drama based on the Raja Raja Chola dynasty. Mani has reportedly begun casting for the project last month.
But recently, Rajini’s younger daughter Soundarya announced a web-series on Ponniyin Selvan. This led to speculations that Mani Ratnam may shelve his version. However, the latest updates coming in from Kollywood circles reveal that Mani Ratnam has not dropped his plans to make Ponniyin Selvan and that the project will surely go on floors. An official announcement is awaited from Madras Talkies.
Articles that might interest you:
- David Warner wins the hearts of Hyderabadis and Indians
- Nani, Satya Dev and Roopa’s Daare Leda gets a launch date
- Noted editor to turn director work with Nithin’s next?
- Actress Kavitha’s son passes away due to COVID-19; Husband critical
- Press Note : Hamsini Entertainment Brings Thaman To The USA
- Atlee-SRK film to have music by star composer?