Akhil Akkineni’s Mr. Majnu opened to some mixed reviews last Friday. Even though the film is attracting a few in the domestic circuit, the US collections are quite disappointing.
The film made only $203k after the first weekend in the US which is quite poor. Several shows in many areas of the US were hardly filled as the movie lovers showed no interest in the film.
The same happened on Monday too as the romantic drama only made $1,446 up to 8.30 PM EST which is very low. If the film goes at the same pace, it is sure to end in losses as the pre-release business has been done around 3.75 crores. To recover this, the film needs to make 1 million gross which is impossible as of now.
Venky Atluri directed the film which had Nidhi Aggarwal as the female lead.
Articles that might interest you:
- Thaman on board for Mahesh’s next!
- Rajinikanth’s fifth entry into the 200 crore club!
- Surprising success of Dear Comrade’s Hindi version
- Is this the title of Prabhas’ next?
- Former President Pranab Mukherjee honors Allu Aravind
- Ram Charan teases Varun Tej