Telugu director N. Shankar has been appointed to the Indian Oscar screening committee. This committee of 17 members watches films from across the country and picks the film which will be sent as India’s official entry to the Oscars in the ‘Best Foreign Language Film’ category.
N. Shankar has worked as a Nandi awards committee member twice. He was also a part of the National Cinema Award jury as well as the Goa Film Festival Jury in the past.
The Oscar Screening Committee will watch some films from the 17th to 21st of this month. Telugu movies ‘Mithunam’, ‘Aadhi Shankara’ and ‘Chaduvukovali’ are in the race this time.
Articles that might interest you:
- Brahmaji’s son speaks openly about his fears
- Poll : Which of these multi-starrer combo you are looking forward to?
- Star heroine denies being part of Krish 4
- Juicy info about Mahesh’s look in Chiru’s next
- Javed Akthar’s comments on Thappad overwhelm Taapsee
- HIT’s day one AP/TG collections are here