Star heroine Tamannaah and Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli have landed in legal trouble. An advocate named Suryaprakasam from Chennai has moved the Madras High Court, alleging that Tamannaah and Virat are spoiling the young minds by promoting online gambling.
The advocate sought an immediate ban on online gambling and arrest and prosecute people running the websites and mobile apps, and noted celebrities endorsing them. In his writ petition, Suryaprakasam told the court that gambling is a criminal offence in India.
He also revealed that many youngsters are being “brainwashed” by celebs like Tamannaah and Virat to join these apps which promise them heavy profits and this is leading to many people end their lives after losing huge amounts of money.
Articles that might interest you:
- Anand Deverakonda in a psycho crime thriller
- Paayal Rajput overcomes her fear, gets vaccinated
- Covid 2nd wave: Team RRR send out an appeal to the nation
- Fans commence Chiranjeevi’s birthday celebrations 100 days in advance
- Anil Ravipudi gives an update on F3’s release
- Suspense on Mahesh-Trivikram film’s title to end soon