Very recently, several Bollywood stars and a few notable names from the South Indian film industry made an appearance at a reception held by Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself.
What followed was several celebrities posting selfies with the PM and sharing their experiences. Notably, none of the South Indian names present there shared any such pictures.
Turns out, there was a reason behind it. Singer SP Balasubrahmanyam who was at the reception took to Facebook to share this.
“I am grateful to Ramoji Raoji, (Eenadu), because of whom I was able to attend a reception hosted by our Hon. Prime Minister at his home on the 29th of Oct. Upon entering the premises, we were asked to leave our cellphones with the security personnel and were given tokens for the same. But I was bewildered at the STARS taking selfies with the PM on that day. THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMM????? (sic),” he posted.
Well, was this a specific disrespect towards South Indian artistes? Or is there more to it! We may never know.
Articles that might interest you:
- Anil Ravipudi’s crazy project not happening anytime soon?
- Gopichand Malineni designs special character for Balayya
- Allu Arjun shares a stunning fan-made poster of Pushpa
- Trisha not interested in routine commercial films- Here’s why?
- Niddhi Agerwal in talks for a solid biggie?
- Pooja Hegde kicks corona’s b**t