Veteran actress, Sumalath made her entry into politics by contesting in the recently concluded elections. She contested from the Mandya constituency in Karnataka as an independent candidate.
The latest we hear is that she has won the elections with a thumping majority of over 90,000 votes. Sumalatha recently lost her actor and politician husband Amabarish and she took on the job of serving the society after him.
Her victory has been welcomed in Karnataka as she won the election over CM Kumaraswamy’s son Nikhil.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rakul Preet Singh’s team reveals the big list of her upcoming projects
- Kiara Advani makes a daring move during this crunch time
- Bigg Boss 4: Is Nagarjuna upset?
- Sharwanand revisits this theme after 14 years
- Here is India’s official entry to the Oscars 2021
- Mahesh Babu raves about Delhi Crime’s Emmys win