Tamil star Suriya is all set to enthrall his fans with the back-to-back releases of NGK and Kaappaan. While NGK is hitting screens in May, Kaappaan was speculated to be releasing on August 15, as an Independence Day treat.
Recently, Mohanlal, who’s essaying a crucial role in Kaappaan, gave a video interview to a Malayalam TV channel to promote his upcoming film, Lucifer. During the interview, Suriya pleasantly surprised everyone by calling Mohanlal. Suriya also confirmed that Kaappaan will indeed be released on August 15.
In Kaappaan, Suriya plays an NSG Commando. Mohanlal is reportedly playing a union minister. Suriya’s Veedokkade and Brothers director KV Anand is directing Kaappaan. Akhil’s heroine Sayyeshaa is the leading lady in the film, which also has her husband Aarya in a key role. Lyca Productions banner is bankrolling this highly-anticipated action drama.
Articles that might interest you:
- Tollywood hero’s Tamil debut film gets an OTT release in Telugu
- Poll : Will KGF2 live up to the sky-high expectations?
- Film industry’s initiative to save young girls from fake casting calls
- Viral rumor on NTR’s next film put to rest
- Murugadoss to rope in this music director for his next?
- Samantha gets nostalgic about Oh! Baby