The theater strike as a protest against the Tamil Nadu government’s decision to impose double tax on movie tickets has entered into its fourth day today. More than 1,000 theaters remained shut over the past 4 days.
According to the Tamil Nadu Theater Exhibitor’s Associating’s report, the film industry has lost over 60 crores in these 4 days due to the ongoing strike. Meanwhile, fresh reports are emerging that the TN government has responded positively to the film’s industry’s appeal to repeal the latest GO of imposing 30% state tax excluding GST on films.
- Yatra makers in search of YS Jagan
- Pawan Kalyan all set for his comeback film?
- Nayanthara’s Tamil thriller to release in Telugu
- Sai Dharam Tej’s Chitralahari commences its shoot
- Rajamouli cans RRR’s first shot; Video goes viral