Just a day is left before the worldwide release of Bellamkonda Sai and Kajal Aggarwal’s Sita. However, the film has been mired in a murky controversy over its title. Several members of a Hindu group in Hyderabad have been protesting against the makers for giving Sita as the title for their film.
The protesters alleged that the title is showing goddess Sita in poor light. They demanded the makers to change the film’s title and also screen the film for them before its official release. However, Teja, who’s known for his straightforwardness, refused to budge and said that he will neither change the title nor screen the film to anyone.
“Should I name my film as Soorpanakha when it’s all about Sita? My film has been censored already and I don’t have to show it to anyone. Let people do whatever they want to, but the movie will release as scheduled on May 24,” said Teja.
Articles that might interest you:
- Teaser for Rangasthalam’s Kannada version unveiled
- Burra Katha’s release postponed by a day
- Chiru’s next to be shot in Ram Charan’s film sets
- Senior doctor in Mumbai raises voice against Kabir Singh
- Poll: Which of these performances of Samantha impressed you the most?
- Pre-Release event of Kalki called off-Here’s the reason