Just a day is left before the worldwide release of Bellamkonda Sai and Kajal Aggarwal’s Sita. However, the film has been mired in a murky controversy over its title. Several members of a Hindu group in Hyderabad have been protesting against the makers for giving Sita as the title for their film.
The protesters alleged that the title is showing goddess Sita in poor light. They demanded the makers to change the film’s title and also screen the film for them before its official release. However, Teja, who’s known for his straightforwardness, refused to budge and said that he will neither change the title nor screen the film to anyone.
“Should I name my film as Soorpanakha when it’s all about Sita? My film has been censored already and I don’t have to show it to anyone. Let people do whatever they want to, but the movie will release as scheduled on May 24,” said Teja.
Articles that might interest you:
- Mahesh Babu to undergo knee surgery?
- Sai Tej’s heroine in Nagarjuna’s Wild Dog
- Tamannaah reveals her dream role
- Mysskin’s Psycho to release in Telugu soon
- Crazy rumour makes waves in Kollywood
- Prabhas, Pooja Hegde chemistry to be a highlight in #Prabhas20