Released on Friday (Fab 12) amid a hugely positive buzz, young Mega hero Vaishnav Tej and Mangalore beauty Krithi Shetty’s intense romantic drama, Uppena, has surpassed all the expectations and clocked record collections on its first two days at the box office. And on Sunday, it’s day 3, Uppena has left everyone surprised by collecting close to Rs 8 crore share in the twin Telugu States.
According to the latest updates from trade analysts, only the Baahubali franchise and six other Tollywood biggies have managed to collect Rs 8 crore plus share in Andhra, Nizam and Ceded regions on day 3. Uppena will be joining this elite club by Sunday night. This is an unbelievable performance by a film made by and starring debutants.
Directed by debutant Buchi Babu Sana, Uppena has been produced by Naveen Yerneni and Ravi Yalamanchali under Mythri Movie Makers banner. Devi Sri Prasad’s superb music has played a crucial role in the film’s success.
Articles that might interest you:
- Prabhas effect – Jathi Rathnalu garners solid craze
- I’ll reduce my expenses if I don’t have work, says talented actor
- Shruti Haasan all praise for Prabhas
- Thaman now sets his eyes on top Tamil stars
- Vijay Deverakonda is now the first South hero to pull off this feat on Instagram
- Nandini Reddy to announce her next film soon