It’s well known that master filmmaker Mani Ratnam is reviving his ambitious magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan, a historical period drama based on the Raja Raja Chozha dynasty. Leading Tamil stars Vikram, Vijay Sethupathi and Jayam Ravi play the lead roles in the movie.
Now, the latest updates reveal that Mani has approached veteran Telugu hero Mohan Babu for a crucial role in Ponniyin Selvan. Although he is yet to sign on the dotted line, Mohan Babu has reportedly given his nod to be part of the project. The film will also feature a few prominent Bollywood stars.
Ponniyin Selvan will be made in various Indian languages. The project will be going on floors in 2020.
Articles that might interest you:
- Keerthy Suresh to join Rang De sets soon
- Karan Johar strongly condemns media trial against him in drug case
- Pay-per-view price fixed for this star hero’s film
- Noted Tamil hero’s next to have a big Telugu release
- Sree Vishnu’s next to roll out soon
- This director struggling to retain his lost glory with back to back films