Tamil star Vijay, who is known as Ilayathalapathy by his fans, is thrilled with the openings registered by ‘Police’. This is the Telugu version of his latest film ‘Theri’ and the film ran to packed houses today. In many single screens in Hyderabad, tickets were reportedly sold in black for matinee and first shows.
The success of this movie will change a lot of things for Vijay in Telugu. Though the second half has a routine story line, an engaging first half and good emotions are helping the film quite a bit. The Tamil version has already become the highest grossing film abroad behind Rajinikanth’s movies.
A decent market in Telugu was something Vijay always lacked and with this victory, his place among the top heroes in the Tamil Film Industry is sure to be bolstered.
Articles that might interest you:
- Fun video: Pooja Hegde turns director for her stylist
- Another film on Komaram Bheem on the cards
- Allu Arjun’s Friday night dance party with his kids
- Review : Colour Photo – Only for a few emotions
- After 22 years, Shah Rukh to play this special role in Atlee film
- Vijay Deverakonda to resume Puri’s film soon