Contrary to the rumours that Ileana has been signed up to play the lead role opposite Akshay Kumar in Gabbar, producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali has clarified that the cast is yet to be finalized. Earlier this week, news broke out that Krish is going to direct the film and almost the next day, there were rumours that Ileana is going to star in the film. So far, Ileana has acted in only one Hindi film – Barfi and her next project Phata Poster Nikla Hero is still under production. Sanjay Leela Bhansali said, “We are rewriting the heroine’s role in the Hindi version and an actress will be finalized only after the script is locked. We are keen on roping in someone who can add freshness to the story.” Gabbar is the Hindi remake of Chiranjeevi starrer Tagore, which itself was a remake of A R Murugadoss’ Ramana. The film is likely to go on floors later this year. On the other hand, Julaayi was the last Telugu film that Ileana was seen in and after Barfi released, she hasn’t signed any film in Telugu and Tamil.
- Legendary producer B Nagi Reddy honored with a postage stamp
- Na Nuvve gets a release date?
- Big surprise: Rajinikanth’s next with acclaimed filmmaker
- Film industry’s strike over digital service providers takes an ugly turn
- Vijay Deverakonda’s next locks its release date