Yesterday, star Tamil hero Vishal’s office in Vadapalani, Chennai, was raided by the city’s Income Tax officials. However, a section of media got a wrong tip-off and published stories saying that Vishal’s office was raided by the GST Intelligence officials.
Naturally, this misleading reportage had led to a huge controversy on social media throughout the evening. Fans of Vishal and Vijay condemned the authorities for unnecessarily targeting Vishal for his rebuking statement against the Tamil Nadu BJP leader H Raja, who openly stated that he had watched the pirated copy of Mersal.
On the other hand, BJP sympathizers criticized media’s overenthusiasm in publishing wrong news without fact-checking. Some even went on to allege that Vishal had planted a fake raid to gain free publicity out of the Mersal controversy.
- Will Nani play the legendary NTR?
- Allu Arjun’s Naa Peru Surya to release in 7 languages?
- Back-to-back releases for Mega brother and sister
- Baahubali 2 In Race For 2018 Asian Film Awards
- Sundeep Kishan promotes Manasuku Nachindi in US