Shweta Basu Prasad is back in a new avatar. After acting in few Telugu films, she was missing in action for a long time; however, the actress has revealed that she was busy, with a special project which she had been working on, for the past three years.
She has made a documentary titled ‘Roots’ which focuses on Hindustani Classical music. “I wanted to make this documentary on Hindustani classical music and why it is losing its prominence. I’m a trained sitar player and I have great respect for both Hindustani classical and Carnatic music. Hopefully, the documentary will bring about a change in the youth,” she said.
The actress is planning to screen the documentary in several schools and colleges across the country, to raise awareness among the students.
- Thaman to score for mega hero
- Ram Charan-Boyapati movie launched
- Chay-Maruthi’s film to be launched tomorrow
- Only Charan should remake Gang Leader: SDT
- Sumanth confident of repeating Godavari magic with Malli Raava