Shweta Basu Prasad is back in a new avatar. After acting in few Telugu films, she was missing in action for a long time; however, the actress has revealed that she was busy, with a special project which she had been working on, for the past three years.
She has made a documentary titled ‘Roots’ which focuses on Hindustani Classical music. “I wanted to make this documentary on Hindustani classical music and why it is losing its prominence. I’m a trained sitar player and I have great respect for both Hindustani classical and Carnatic music. Hopefully, the documentary will bring about a change in the youth,” she said.
The actress is planning to screen the documentary in several schools and colleges across the country, to raise awareness among the students.
- Whopping deal for Raja The Great’s satellite, digital and Hindi rights
- Puri zeroes in on a Kannada starlet for son’s comeback film
- Poll : Who do you think will win Bigg Boss season1?
- Chiru, Rajinikanth are the real superstars : Mahesh Babu
- NTR was never unsure about JLK’s climax: Bobby
Articles that might interest you