Is Sonam Kapoor going to act in Mani Rathnam’s next film? If the media reports emerging from Mumbai are to be believed, she has indeed bagged the lead role in Mani Rathnam’s upcoming film titled Pookkadai. Gautham, son of yesteryear actor Karthik, of Abhinandana fame, is going to play the lead role in this film. Initially, there was a buzz that Radha’s younger daughter Thulasi might play the lead role; however, now there’s a strong buzz that Sonam Kapoor might play the lead role. When asked if she has indeed signed the film, the actress reportedly said that she’s can’t comment on that question. It’s highly likely that she would have been approached, if one reads between the lines. Rajeev Menon is the cinematographer of the film. In the past, Sonam Kapoor’s father, Anil Kapoor had acted in Mani Rathnam’s debut film Pallavi Anu Pallavi and if Sonam comes onboard Pookkadai, this would mark her debut in South Indian film industry.
- Poll : What is your opinion about BAN-NPS clash
- Bunny and Mahesh in no mood to go back
- Sultry beauty’s key role in action hero’s silver jubilee film
- Interesting title for Varun Tej’s sci-fi thriller
- Charan-Boyapati film starts with a record