Released last Friday, Tamil superstar Vijay’s Jilla has been adjudged a superhit across the Telugu states. The film’s Telugu distribution rights were sold for a reasonable price and this resulted in the distributors entering the profit zone within the first week. With this success, Vijay finally scored his first hit in Telugu and the Ilayathapathy’s fans are mighty thrilled.
Earlier, Vijay’s Tamil blockbusters like Thuppakki and Snehithudu garnered decent collections in Telugu but failed to breakeven for their distributors. Jilla is an out and out mass entertainer, and commercial film lovers have lapped it up well. Already, there is a huge craze for Vijay’s upcoming socio-fantasy film, Puli, among the Telugu buyers.
With all the known stars like Shruti Haasan, Hansika, Sridevi and Sudeep, the film is sure to fetch a humongous release even in Telugu.
- Shooting update on NTR’s next
- Ram Charan wants to work with these two acclaimed Bollywood directors
- Keerthy Suresh thanks the media
- Director drags star daughter to court
- Sanjay Dutt approached me himself for Prasthanam remake: Deva Katta