Released last Friday, Tamil superstar Vijay’s Jilla has been adjudged a superhit across the Telugu states. The film’s Telugu distribution rights were sold for a reasonable price and this resulted in the distributors entering the profit zone within the first week. With this success, Vijay finally scored his first hit in Telugu and the Ilayathapathy’s fans are mighty thrilled.
Earlier, Vijay’s Tamil blockbusters like Thuppakki and Snehithudu garnered decent collections in Telugu but failed to breakeven for their distributors. Jilla is an out and out mass entertainer, and commercial film lovers have lapped it up well. Already, there is a huge craze for Vijay’s upcoming socio-fantasy film, Puli, among the Telugu buyers.
With all the known stars like Shruti Haasan, Hansika, Sridevi and Sudeep, the film is sure to fetch a humongous release even in Telugu.
- Suriya’s next sold for record price
- Last half an hour to be highlight of Hello
- Vote – 7th Readers Choice Awards : Best Director of 2017
- Nikhil-Swathi’s hit crime comedy to release in Malayalam
- Suriya to join forces with star director for the third time?