The ongoing political crisis in the state is affecting the Telugu Film Industry in a big way. Already, films like ‘Atharintiki Dharedhi’ and ‘Yevadu’ have been postponed due to the issue. Now the Osmania University JAC has issued a statement today, stating that Jr NTR’s films would not be allowed to play in Telangana.
“We condemn Harikrishna’s resignation in support of the Samaikhyandhra agitation. We will not allow the screening of Jr NTR’s films in the Telangana region”, said members of the OU JAC.
Jr NTR’s father, Nandamuri Harikrishna, resigned as a Rajya Sabha MP to protest against the bifurcation of the state and his resignation was accepted today. NTR’s ‘Ramayya Vasthavayya’ is currently in the final stages of completion and it scheduled for a release next month.
Will the film be allowed to release in Telangana? We will have to wait and see.
- London to be base for Sye Raa’s post-production work
- Rajasekhar becomes emotional during Garuda Vega teaser launch
- Garuda Vega’s teaser is surprisingly impressive
- JLK’s East and West Godavari’s collections
- Rajini extends support to PM’s Swacchata Hi Seva
Articles that might interest you