One name which is much heard in the film circuit off late is that of Vennela Kishore. Known to us as the hilarious ‘Khader’ of Vennela, this young man became popular as Vennela Kishore. Slowly but steadily he made his mark with his unique comedy and acting skills. Now he has turned to direction with Vennela 1 1/2. We caught up with this funny man for an exclusive interview, right before the release of his film. Here is the transcript of the exclusive interview with vennela Kinshore.
1. The audio of your film was launched way back in February, but since then why there was a delay in the release.?
Ans: Soon after the audio was released ‘A’ channel bought the rights of the movie. I thought they would be the right people to market and release the film properly. That’s why the delay
2. When you are in such a good position with your acting career, why take a risk with direction?
Ans: Acting happened to me by accident. I always wanted to become a director. I happened to join in the direction department for Vennela, but accidentally I had to venture into acting. Direction was and is always my first love.
3. After Vennela 1 1/2 will you continue to direct films ?
Ans: Laughs ! If the world does not come to an end by 2013, i would surely make another movie. Currently i am busy with vennela 1/2 and Jaffa.
4. Already you are busy with acting and directing, what if you get a chance of becoming a hero?
Ans: Laughs again ! Hero and me? Audience would kick me if i become a hero now. But you never know, if anything comes up interesting, like a central comedy character I would surely do it.
5. Can you tell us something about the live interval concept in your movie?
Ans: Yes ! this is an innovative concept that I had thought during the making of Vennela 1/2. Personally even I don’t like intervals, and coming to the live interval concept, you need to wait and watch it on the big screen. It’s like a surprise element of the movie.
6. While making this film did u ever feel that acting was far better than directing?
Ans: Hmmm, I never felt like that. As i already told you I always wanted to become a director, I enjoyed every bit in the making of my film. Even while making Jaffa I had a lot of fun. Brahmanandam Garu helped me a lot and encouraged me right through out the film.
7. Why did your film get an ‘A’ certificate?
Ans: I always knew that my film would get an ‘A’ certificate and also knew that there would be major cuts in the movie.But when the censor board told me that they would give an ‘A’ certificate without any cuts, I immediately agreed to it. There is no skin show in my film but there are a few humorous double meaning jokes, which also would be liked by everyone.
8. What is your opinion about the output of Vennela 1 1/2
Ans: Look, Vennela 1 1/2 is just a simple funny film. Our intention is to make people have some good time with this movie. All the characters in the movie are comedy based, and would be highly appreciated. For example Raghu Babu’s character would stand out in the movie, and Master Bharat would be seen in a full length adult role with my film.
9. Why Vennela 1 1/2 an not Vennela 2 ?
Ans: There is nothing special about it. Its just a publicity stunt. As every sequel has ‘2’ in its title. we decided to name it Vennela 1/2 just to create some curiosity among the audience.
10. Does the story in Vennala 1 1/2 continue from where it was left off in Vennela or have you just used the franchise name?
Ans: Yes our characters form Vennela have been continued, but here the story moves on to another country. We all loose our jobs in this movie and are on the verge of leaving US in search for other jobs.
So that was an exclusive interview with the talented and witty Vennela Kishore. Vennela 1 1/2 is all set to release on the 21st of this month. So keep watching this space for latest updates and the complete movie review.
- Interview : Ram Charan- Rajamouli has a huge responsibility to satisfy the fans
- Interview : Balakrishna – I enjoyed portraying my father’s role
- Interview : Kiara Advani- Working in Tollywood has been a dream come true
- Exclusive Interview : Anil Srikantham- Sumanth’s negative approach will be a highlight of Idam Jagat
- Interview- Hanu Raghavapudi- I wrote this script keeping Sharwa’s image in mind