Gopichand’s Oxygen opened to some mixed reviews all over. On this occasion, we caught up with the film’s producer A M Ratnam for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
How is the response?
Frankly, the response on the first day has been a bit low. But the film has picked up well as the word of mouth has spread all over. With every show, the film is gaining momentum now.
What attracted you towards this film?
The moment I heard the script from my son, the social message in the film attracted me big time. The film has an undercurrent social message along with the regular entertainment which is quite rare these days.
Do you have any plans to remake this film in other languages?
Yes! as the film has a pan India subject, I want to make it in Hindi and Tamil. But for that, the Telugu version has to pick up well in the coming days.
What happened to your film with Pawan Kalyan?
The project is on for sure and will surely happen in early 2018. I am meeting Pawan very soon and will discuss the same with him.
What are the whole issues with the reviews?
I am very upset with the way the reviews have been up for my film. Just for their own good, these reviewers are rating the film very slow and this is a huge loss for producers like me who have spent crores on the film. I feel that websites should wait for at least three days to share their opinion. Reviewing the film within minutes of its release is killing the outcome of the films and this should stop.
- Interview : Ram Charan- Rajamouli has a huge responsibility to satisfy the fans
- Interview : Balakrishna – I enjoyed portraying my father’s role
- Interview : Kiara Advani- Working in Tollywood has been a dream come true
- Exclusive Interview : Anil Srikantham- Sumanth’s negative approach will be a highlight of Idam Jagat
- Interview- Hanu Raghavapudi- I wrote this script keeping Sharwa’s image in mind