Akash Puri is making his debut with the film Mehbooba. On the eve of the film’s release, we caught up with him for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
How excited are you about the film’s release?
I have waited for this opportunity for the last fifteen year and finally, my dream is coming true this week. The film has come out quite well and I am very confident that we will score a good hit this time around.
What kind of love story is Mehbooba?
My dad’s love stories are very different and same is the case with this film too. The film is all about reincarnation and the manner in which my dad has executed it is very different and quite new for Tollywood.
I play an army cadet in this film who falls in love with a Pakistani girl. I took a lot of training for my role and observed many army men. Things were a bit difficult but I managed somehow.
Working with your father?
As this is my first film, my father did not showcase me on a huge level. He executed my character in a very natural way and went with the flow of the film. You will not see unnecessary heroism in the film. He has done a great job and this is one of his best films to date and I am lucky to be a part of it.
Who is your inspiration?
Rajinikanth is my all time hero. He has been a huge inspiration in my life and I am just mad about him.
My next project will also be with my father and the script work is currently underway.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Puri Jagan- I am desperately in need of a hit film
- Interview : Sundeep Kishan- I went into depression after my failures
- Interview – I want to produce good content-oriented movies: Producer SKN
- Interview : Samantha – I am not upset about pregnancy rumors
- Interview : Adah Sharma – Length of the role is not important anymore
- Interview : Nivetha Thomas – I follow my heart while choosing scripts