Young actress, Chandni Chowdary has made a successful transition from short films to big screen. She will next be seen in tomorrow’s release Kundanapu Bomma. On this occasion, we caught up with her for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
Q)Kundanapu Bomma was supposed to be your debut film. Why was it delayed ?
Yes ! I started shooting for this film first but due to some unknown problems the film got delayed and my other film Ketugadu released first.
Q)What is this film all about ?
Kundabapu Bomma is a typical village drama with full of family values and traditions. It has good entertainment and will enthral every section of the audience.
Q)Tell us about your role in the film ?
I play a typical village belle called Suchi. The entire story revolves around my life and I play a crucial character. Initially, I was very scared to do this complex role but with the help of my director, I managed to pull it off.
Q)What difference do you find between short and feature films ?
Shot films were quite easy and I did them just for fun. Here, situation is quite different as you are surrounded by different people. One should be very careful to deal with them. I am slowly learning the tricks of the trade and am signing films with utmost care.
Q)Why are Telugu girls often ignored by film makers in Tollywood ?
Even I do not know why there is such a discrimination. Telugu heroines need to encouraged more as they are very talented. I feel that things are slowly changing now and will get better soon.
Q)Your upcoming projects ?
I have two films in hand and one of them is titled Manu which will release soon.
- Interview : RGV- I never faced any threats while making Lakshmi’s NTR
- Interview : Rakul Preet – I will have 5 releases in 2019
- Interview : Sachin Joshi- Amavas is a new age horror thriller
- Interview : Mammootty- I never imitated YSR in Yatra
- Interview : Vijay Challa- We have showcased the true character of YSR in Yatra
- Interview : I should thank the audience for accepting me in Mr. Majnu – Nidhhi Agerwal