Hindi actress, Diya Mirza is doing a key role in Nagarjuna’s Wild Dog. On this occasion, we caught up with her for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
How did you bag this film?
The casting department of the film called me first and then the director Solomon met me in Mumbai and narrated the story. I loved the story and upon knowing Nag sir is doing the lead, I couldn’t say no.
Working experience with Nagarjuna?
Both Nagarjuna and I have been family friends. But I was meeting him after 20 years and was supposed to do a romantic scene on day one. I was quite tense but Nag sir being a gentleman he is, made me feel so comfortable. I had a great time shooting with Nag sir.
Tell us more about your bond with the Akkineni family?
Nagarjuna sir’s sister and my mother were close friends. I have grown up with Nag sir’s niece Supriya and was quite close to her during my childhood days in Hyderabad. We still have a good relationship with the Akkineni’s. During the shoot, I bonded well with Nag sir about nature, my work with the UN, and a lot more.
Being from Hyderabad, what took you so long to do Telugu films?
I was offered a film when I was 16. But back then, I was not ready and it took a lot of time to get here. I hope Wild Dog will change all of that and I will get good roles from now on.
Which actor in Telugu do you want to act with?
Right from when I started my career, I always wanted to act with Venkatesh and Nagarjuna. Half of my dream is fulfilled and the other half will surely be fulfilled in the days to come. Fingers crossed.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Akhil – MEB’s story impressed me big time
- Interview : Aditi Rao Hydari – I want to be in every film that Ajay Bhupathi makes
- Interview : Siddharth – My character in Maha Smaudram will shock you
- Interview : Vaishnav Tej – Kondapolam has made me a better actor
- Interview : B Gopal – My comeback film will be with Balakrishna
- Interview : Chaitan Bharadwaj – Composing BGM for Maha Samudram was a tough task