Jersey has been declared a solid hit and director Gautam Tinnanuri is being lauded for his taut filmmaking. On this occasion, we caught up with him for a detailed interview. Here is the transcript.
What was the inspiration behind making Jersey?
A few years back, I saw commentator Harsha Bhogle’s press meet in Hyderabad. He spoke about how Sachin is different from the rest of the world even though there were so many people who had the talent. This is when I decided to narrate the story of those who could not make it big. I had this story even before making Malli Raava.
Why didn’t you make this film then?
I had this story with me for the past two years. That time things were not positive and I felt that no one would do so serious and emotional drama and that is the reason I did not approach anyone.
Did you expect such a response to the film?
No, I never expected such a response to the film. In fact, I was very worried as to how the audience would receive such a serious film. A lot of money was involved in the making and a number of people believed in me. So, I was very tense with the response.
Working with Nani?
Nani believed in the film more than me. I used to get scared of seeing his confidence in the film. He has given his life and soul for this film and the result is out for everyone to see. He as Arjun has taken the film to another level.
Any aspirations of working in Bollywood?
As of now, I have no intentions to make Hindi films. I have a lot of ideas which I need to execute in Telugu first. Once I finish my next story, I will approach a hero with it. For now, I want to take a break and enjoy the success of Jersey.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Hansika- Tenali Rama Krishna will entertain you thoroughly
- Interview : Sundeep Kishan- I am planning my career very carefully now
- Interview : Sree Vishnu- Audience always expect different concepts from me
- Interview : Gopichand – Chanakya will surely work at the box office
- Interview : Varun Tej- I don’t want to get stereotyped in my career
- Exclusive Interview : Vishwak Sen- I want to be the next Vijay Sethupati