Hansika Motwani’s My Name is Shruti is arriving in theatres tomorrow. Burugu Ramya Prabhakar has produced the film. My Name Is Shruti is a crime thriller made in the backdrop of an organ harvesting mafia. Ahead of the release, Hansika interacted with the media, and here is the transcript.
Could you give us a few details about how the film is going to be?
I enjoy thrillers a lot. My Name Is Shruti is a dark thriller that focuses on the menace of the skin mafia. This is the first time a film has been made on this concept. My character gets into a trap. Shruti works in an Ad agency. Whether or not she manages to bail herself out is something you have to figure out for yourself. Shruti is a fighter who doesn’t give up easily.
What kind of homework did you do for the film?
My mother is a Dermatologist. I asked her about the skin mafia and if it really exists. She told me that she read about it. The common man doesn’t know much about it. Director Srinivas Omkar came across a few instances during his research about this skin mafia.
What was the challenging aspect for you during the shoot?
Keeping up with the script was the most challenging part. There are so many twists and turns. I enjoyed doing something quite substantial in the thriller space. I am very pleased with the way the film has shaped up. My Name Is Shruti is a family-friendly thriller that raises many questions.
What’s the reason you are not doing many Telugu films?
My hands have always been full in Tamil. I am too busy there, and that’s why there has been a gap in my Telugu filmography. I don’t have any regrets in my career. While I am satisfied, I still want to achieve more.
Who are your favorite heroes in Telugu?
I feel proud of Allu Arjun and Prabhas, with whom I have worked in the early days of my career. Their films have erased linguistic barriers, and they very much deserve the fame they have now. Despite reaching heights, they are so down to the earth.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Sharrath Marar- Dhootha is getting a tremendous response from every nook and corner
- Interview : Nani – Hi Nanna will give you a fresh experience
- Interview : Mrunal Thakur – Hi Nanna has a beautiful story
- Interview : Hesham Abdul Wahab – Nani sir’s performance in Hi Nanna will have a lasting impact
- Interview : Shouryuv – Hi Nanna is a clean entertainer without double-meaning dialogues & violence
- Interview : Sandeep Reddy Vanga – Animal strikes a balance between emotions and violence