Vijay Deverkonda’s latest outing, Taxiwaala, is running successfully in theaters. On this occasion, we had a brief interview with Malavika Nair, who played a key role in the film. Here is the transcript.
Q) How are you feeling right now?
A) I’m happy that the film is doing well and at the same time, it gives more confidence to me while selecting scripts for future movies. When our director Rahul narrated the script, I immediately said okay to the film, as it had an equal amount of fun and thrill in it. I thoroughly enjoyed the film while watching it in the theater too.
Q) Your role is crucial for the film, but has less screentime. How did you accept it?
A) Yes, the screentime is less, but it is a crucial character. In fact, we shot more scenes but couldn’t showcase them in the film. I knew about my role and accepted it, believing in Rahul. I have no complaints regarding the screentime.
Q) You did a cameo in Mahanati and a special appearance in Taxiwaala. Are you open to playing more cameo roles in future?
A) I did Mahanati just to be part of Savithri’s biopic and I signed Taxiwaala two years ago. For me, my character and its significance in the film are important than anything else. If any such roles are offered in future, I will think consider them.
Q) What kind of roles are you looking forward to?
A) I’m open to any kind of role that has enough importance in the script. I shall maintain my figure to suit any kind of role and I’m working on it already.
Q) Your take on the female harassment in the industry?
A) Harassment on women is rampant across the world and it’s good that our industry folks are raising their voices against it. I personally never came across such embarrassment, as I’m always protected by parents and my manager.
Q) Are you studying now?
A) Yes, I’m pursuing my degree in History. Apart from studies, I love writing.
Articles that might interest you:
- Exclusive Interview : Pradeep Maddali- Satyadev is the most underrated actor
- Exclusive Interview : Siddhu Jonnalagadda- We never expected such a huge response
- Exclusive Interview : Ravikanth Perepu – I was waiting for this day from four years
- Exclusive Interview : Ram Gopal Varma – I don’t read reviews of my films
- Exclusive Interview : Venkat- OTT has given me a new lease of life
- Exclusive Interview : Abhisehk Nama-Producers need to take more responsibility post-lockdown