The trailer of Manmadhudu 2 is finally here and has gone viral. Nagarjuna himself launched the trailer and on this occasion, he spoke about the film at length. Here is the transcript of the interview with him.
How did this project materialize?
Let me clear one thing first. The film is a remake of a hit French film. We bought the rights from Studio Canal and were working on the film. That is when we saw Chilasow and impressed by Rahul’s work, we brought him on board and he has done a superb job with the film.
How is it connected to Manmadhudu?
The film is not at all a sequel to Manmadhudu. The character is driven from that film but the entire script and scenes are different.
Tell us about the backdrop of the film?
The film is set in Portugal and I belong to a family which has settled down in that country from three generations. The film is all about me getting married and what happens in the course of it.
Why have you cracked jokes about your age?
Laughs! Before anyone starts commenting about my age in the film, I myself have made fun of me. There is a big age gap between the heroine and me in the film and that is where the whole story and comedy angle comes in the film.
About Samantha’s role?
It was Rahul’s idea to have Samantha in the film. He approached her for a cameo and she did it with all the ease and comfort. Her role will come in as a surprise in the film.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Dulquer Salman- I am not comfortable with remakes
- Interview : Venky Kudumula- I took a lot of suggestions from Trivikram
- Interview : Nithiin – Bheeshma is a light-hearted entertainer
- Interview : Vijay Devarakonda – I am not ready for marriage
- Interview : Sharwanand- Never expected such positive response for Jaanu
- Interview : Sudigali Sudheer- Chiranjeevi garu promised us that he will watch our film