Raashi Khanna plays one of the leads in Venky Mama. As the film is up for a release, we caught up with her for a brief interview. Here is the interview.
How did you bag this role in Venky Mama?
I was shooting for my Tamil film Ayogya in Chennai and Suresh Babu called approached me for this role. A week later, I met him and okayed the project right away.
Tell us about your role in the film?
I play the role of Harika who is a lady director. Bobby has given my character a unique twist with a funny modulation. I had a ball working on this film and shooting with Chay Akkineni.
Working experience with Chay Akkineni?
I had worked with Chay for one day in Manam. After a long time, I am getting to do a film with him. He has changed a lot as an actor and has done a superb job in the film. His performance will be one of the highlights in the film.
Looks like you have lost weight?
Yes, to be able to do all sorts of roles, one has to be fit and slim. I am also working hard on my body and lost some weight. These two films, Venky Mama and Pratiroju Pandage are very crucial for me in my career.
Working with the legend Venkatesh?
I had a superb time working with him. His comedy timing is amazing and I learned a lot about it from Venkatesh. All our combination scenes featuring me, Chay and Venky have come out quite well.
Acting in a two heroine project?
I never had any problem acting in two heroine project. My role is strong enough and there is scope for everyone to do well in the film. I got along well with Payal and am happy that the multi-starrer has come out quite well.
Articles that might interest you:
- Exclusive Interview : Naresh- Uma Maheswara opened new avenues for me
- Exclusive Interview : Neeraja Kona- I am all set to direct my first film
- Exclusive Interview : Dakkshi Guttikonda- I learned a lot from RGV
- Exclusive Interview : Satyadev- My best is yet to come
- Exclusive Interview : Pradeep Maddali- Satyadev is the most underrated actor
- Exclusive Interview : Siddhu Jonnalagadda- We never expected such a huge response