Sharwanand is busy promoting his new film Ranarangam which released last Friday. On this occasion, we caught up with him for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
How is the response to your film?
Frankly speaking, we expected a better response to the film but we could not get it. If the reviews would have been delayed a bit, things would have been far better. As of now, the common audience is liking the film and I am very happy about it.
So, are you blaming the reviews?
Nothing like that. I felt that the reviews were a bit harsh. Even though the ratings were low, the first-day figures were good. As the audience are liking it, I have no complaints.
What made you accept this film in the first place?
I loved the screenplay written by Sudheer Varma very much and decided to do the film. Also, I was very much impressed by the way Sudheer shot his previous film and that is the reason I accepted this project.
Many say that the screenplay itself is the big villain of the film?
We thought the manner in which we narrated the film with back and forth screenplay would be loved by the audience but things did not come out as we expected and we respect the decision of the critics.
Will you continue to do such type of films?
I will do them for sure. If you see my career graph, I have done all sorts of films and have taken big risks as well. So, sometimes things work in our favor and the rest of the times they don’t. I go by gut feeling.
As of now, I am almost done with the remake of 96. Only the younger portions of the film need to be shot. I will shoot them soon and will release the film by this year end.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Dulquer Salman- I am not comfortable with remakes
- Interview : Venky Kudumula- I took a lot of suggestions from Trivikram
- Interview : Nithiin – Bheeshma is a light-hearted entertainer
- Interview : Vijay Devarakonda – I am not ready for marriage
- Interview : Sharwanand- Never expected such positive response for Jaanu
- Interview : Sudigali Sudheer- Chiranjeevi garu promised us that he will watch our film