Sharwanand is busy promoting his new film Ranarangam which released last Friday. On this occasion, we caught up with him for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
How is the response to your film?
Frankly speaking, we expected a better response to the film but we could not get it. If the reviews would have been delayed a bit, things would have been far better. As of now, the common audience is liking the film and I am very happy about it.
So, are you blaming the reviews?
Nothing like that. I felt that the reviews were a bit harsh. Even though the ratings were low, the first-day figures were good. As the audience are liking it, I have no complaints.
What made you accept this film in the first place?
I loved the screenplay written by Sudheer Varma very much and decided to do the film. Also, I was very much impressed by the way Sudheer shot his previous film and that is the reason I accepted this project.
Many say that the screenplay itself is the big villain of the film?
We thought the manner in which we narrated the film with back and forth screenplay would be loved by the audience but things did not come out as we expected and we respect the decision of the critics.
Will you continue to do such type of films?
I will do them for sure. If you see my career graph, I have done all sorts of films and have taken big risks as well. So, sometimes things work in our favor and the rest of the times they don’t. I go by gut feeling.
As of now, I am almost done with the remake of 96. Only the younger portions of the film need to be shot. I will shoot them soon and will release the film by this year end.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Lavanya Tripathi- Happy Birthday will be a blockbuster hit
- Interview : Krithi Shetty – It was hard to match up Ram’s energy
- Interview : Ritesh Rana – Happy Birthday is made exclusively for a theatrical experience
- Exclusive Interview : Sai Dhansika – Shikaru is full on comedy ride
- Interview : Avika Gor – 10th Class Diaries is a sweet movie
- Interview : Laksh Chadalavada – Audience will come out of theater with a satisfaction