Shriya Saran is still going strong even in her thirties. Paisa Vasool is her back to back film with Balayya after Gautami Putra Satakarni. On the eve of the film’s release, we caught up with Shriya for a brief chit chat.
Working with Puri Jagan?
Always wanted to work with Puri but things did not work out some how. Luckily, I got a chance with Paisa Vasool and I thoroughly enjoyed working with Puri who is quite chilled out in his approach towards film making.
Your role in the film?
I play a journalist in the film who goes through all sorts of problems linked to Teda Singh. My journey has been showcased in a very interesting manner.
Working with Balayya?
Things are quite energetic when it comes to Balayya. I have recently worked with him for GPSK but things are quite chilled out this time as both our roles are fun. He has a very interesting role and I am very sure that everyone will like him.
You have been around for a long time. What kind of changes do you see now?
Thanks to films like Arjun Reddy, people are really trying out some thing new and I feel it is the best time in Tollywood as interesting roles are being written for everyone.
How do you select your scripts?
For me, it is the director who is important. I should believe in his ideology and the fact that he will showcase me quite well. Hero or banner is not that important for me.
I am doing a very interesting psycho thriller with a debutante director who is just 23 years old. I am quite excited about the film which will showcase me in a completely new way.
Articles that might interest you:
- Exclusive Interview : Ananya- Response to 30 Weds 21 is amazing
- Exclusive Interview : Raj & DK – Cinema Bandi is a very honest film
- Interview : Dil Raju – Corona scare cannot stop Vakeel Saab
- Interview : Ananya – Pawan Kalyan and I spoke a lot about women empowerment
- Interview : Anjali – Pawan Kalyan clapped for my performance
- Interview : Nagarjuna – Wild Dog is a new age commercial film