What made you accept the film as a hero ?
After the success of Geetanjali, I was only offered horror films which I did not take up. After hearing this script which has a pure Telugu nativity and good fun, I decided to do it.
What was so special about this film ?
I play a guy from Telangana who gets transferred to Kakinada. How his life shifts gears after the state gets divided, and how he manages his life, such things attracted me right away.
Working with the director ?
Shivraj has been working with both RGV and JD Chakravarthy in the past. In fact it was JD who suggested my name to Shivraj. I had a good time working with Shivraj who has showcased me in a superb way. The way he has played with my emotions in the film is quite good.
How did you manage star directors to promote the film ?
As I have known them closely, I requested to initially watch the film and then only promote it. All of them liked the film and are helping me out with the promotions.
Will you stick to doing hero roles in the future ?
I have reached here only because of comedy and I will not stop doing them. Once in a while, if I get such interesting films, there is nothing wrong in doing them.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Hansika- Tenali Rama Krishna will entertain you thoroughly
- Interview : Sundeep Kishan- I am planning my career very carefully now
- Interview : Sree Vishnu- Audience always expect different concepts from me
- Interview : Gopichand – Chanakya will surely work at the box office
- Interview : Varun Tej- I don’t want to get stereotyped in my career
- Exclusive Interview : Vishwak Sen- I want to be the next Vijay Sethupati