What made you accept the film as a hero ?
After the success of Geetanjali, I was only offered horror films which I did not take up. After hearing this script which has a pure Telugu nativity and good fun, I decided to do it.
What was so special about this film ?
I play a guy from Telangana who gets transferred to Kakinada. How his life shifts gears after the state gets divided, and how he manages his life, such things attracted me right away.
Working with the director ?
Shivraj has been working with both RGV and JD Chakravarthy in the past. In fact it was JD who suggested my name to Shivraj. I had a good time working with Shivraj who has showcased me in a superb way. The way he has played with my emotions in the film is quite good.
How did you manage star directors to promote the film ?
As I have known them closely, I requested to initially watch the film and then only promote it. All of them liked the film and are helping me out with the promotions.
Will you stick to doing hero roles in the future ?
I have reached here only because of comedy and I will not stop doing them. Once in a while, if I get such interesting films, there is nothing wrong in doing them.
Articles that might interest you:
- Exclusive Interview : Pavani Gangireddy- Loser has brought me a lot of praise
- Exclusive Interview : Manchu Manoj- I will shock you with Aham Brahmasmi
- Exclusive Interview : Kalpika Ganesh- I want to be the Radhika Apte of Tollywood
- Exclusive Interview : Shashank – I have started my second innings with Loser
- Exclusive Interview : Aadarsh Balakrishna- I have taken my career very seriously now
- Exclusive Interview : Raashi Khanna- I wanted to become an IAS officer