Director Venky Kudumula is ready with his new film Bheeshma. On this occasion, we caught up with him for a detailed interview. Let’s see what he has to say.
How did this project happen?
Post the success of Chalo, I met Nithin and narrated the basic line of Bheeshma. He liked it but asked me to come up with a bounded script. I did the same and he okayed the film right away.
What’s this whole concept of organic farming?
I feel in any genre, there is a scope for romance. Our film has the backdrop of organic farming and how we have set the love story in it needs to be seen on the screen. The concept has been said in a very entertaining way.
What made you work with Rashmika again?
I had a great rapport working with Rashmika in Chalo. While working on this script, I had her in mind for the female lead’s role. So, the moment I approached her with this film, she okayed it right away. She has a solid role and will impress many.
Why did you sell the car which was gifted by Naga Shourya?
That car was the first-ever gift to me for my work and how can I sell it. Also, I do not want to talk anything about Shourya or what happened between us. That is something very personal.
Your movies have a lot of Trivkram impact?
What’s wrong with that. He is a star director and as I have worked with him closely, I have imbibed some features of his writing. That will be visible in Bhesshma also.
What suggestions did he give for this film?
After watching the film, he liked it very much and suggested that the organic farming episode should be highlighted in the trailer. Upon his suggestion, we cut the trailer in such a way and it is winning good applause now.
Articles that might interest you:
- Exclusive Interview : Satyadev- My best is yet to come
- Exclusive Interview : Pradeep Maddali- Satyadev is the most underrated actor
- Exclusive Interview : Siddhu Jonnalagadda- We never expected such a huge response
- Exclusive Interview : Ravikanth Perepu – I was waiting for this day from four years
- Exclusive Interview : Ram Gopal Varma – I don’t read reviews of my films
- Exclusive Interview : Venkat- OTT has given me a new lease of life