SS Rajamouli’s father, Vijayendra Prasad, who earlier gave many trend setting stories has directed a film called Sri Valli which is scheduled for a September 15th release. On this occasion, we had a brief chit chat with him. Here is the transcript.
Q) What inspired you to write this story?
Long back, I had a close friend called Ramesh who used to live in Vizag. After I settled down in Hyderabad, I got busy and never met him again. Later on, during a general visit to Vizag, I went to meet him at his house. To my shock, I found out that he was no more. This literally affected me a lot and inspired me to write this story.
Q) What is all about Sri Valli?
The film mainly deals with how human mind thinks and its thought process. Actually, it’s a valid theory and I took it as the main theme of the movie.
Q) Any specific reasons for the delay in the release?
As the film had a lot of CG work, the post production took some time and got the film delayed.
Q) Tell us about your Bollywood film Manikarnika?
The makers approached me to write a script on Jhansi Lakshmi Bai. I suggested them to rope in Krish as the director as he had already done a film called Satakarni. Impressed with Kish’s work, they immediately signed him on.
Q) Your next projects?
I’m planning to direct a Telugu and Hindi project soon. I will announce the complete details shortly.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Dulquer Salman- I am not comfortable with remakes
- Interview : Venky Kudumula- I took a lot of suggestions from Trivikram
- Interview : Nithiin – Bheeshma is a light-hearted entertainer
- Interview : Vijay Devarakonda – I am not ready for marriage
- Interview : Sharwanand- Never expected such positive response for Jaanu
- Interview : Sudigali Sudheer- Chiranjeevi garu promised us that he will watch our film