Sushanth’s romantic entertainer ‘Adda’ has emerged as a decent hit and has given the young hero a much needed break in Tollywood. We caught up with the co-producer of the film Chintalapudi Srinivasa Rao for a detailed interview. Let’s see what he has to say on Adda’s success and his future plans.
1. How is the response for your movie so far?
Ans: We are receiving quite a positive response for the film. Audience have liked the film immensely and the results are for all to see.
2. How do you rate Sushanth’s performance in the film?
Ans: Sushanth had a very complex role in the film and he portrayed it with a lot of ease. He has vastly improved as an actor and will only grow with his upcoming films.
3. What do you think is the highlight of the film?
Ans: Undoubtedly, Anup Ruben’s music is a big plus for this movie. The audio has been a great hit, and also the way the film has been presented is a major plus for the success.
4. What kind of business has ‘Adda’ done so far?
Ans: We have done decent business with this film. The Seemandhra issue in most parts of Andhra affected the flow of the film a bit, otehrwise we would have made huge profits.
5. What was the feedback from the Akkineni family. Has Nagarjuna seen the film?
Ans: Yes! everyone has seen the film and liked it immensely. Nagarjuna will speak about it in the triple platinum disc function soon.
6. The film looks rich. Can you elaborate on Adda’s production values?
Ans: We shot some of the songs in exotic locations and did not compromise on the production costs. For example, we shot a song on the borders of Italy and another song in the interior parts of France.
7. What made you wait for four years after your last film Current?
Ans: Frankly, it took me two years to find the story and the filming went on for two years. That is why the gap and though it has been late, we are very happy with the end result.
8. A word about director Karthik Reddy?
Ans: The entire credit goes to Karthik. It was his story that we firmly believed in and the way he has shot the film made us very confident about our project.
9. What are your future projects?
Ans: While shooting for Adda, Prabhu Deva’s brother Vishnu Deva narrated us a script. We liked the line and we are currently working on it for a bilingual with Sushanth as a lead.
- Interview : Vijay Devarakonda – Taxiwaala’s leakage made me helpless
- Interview : Ravi Teja – My son is my best critic
- Interview : Sreenu Vailta – AAA’s credit only goes to Ravi Teja
- Interview : Ileana – I felt AAA is the right film to come back to Tollywood
- Interview : Chay Akkineni- I will always be grateful to Chandoo Mondeti