RGV is back with his new film Maa Ishtam. On the eve of the film’s release, we caught up with RGV for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
How did this project go on floors?
In the year 2018, the supreme court of India passed a judgment that relationship between same-sex is legal. That is the moment, I thought of a love story and placed my lead pair as lesbians to make matters interesting.
What kind of a lesbian story is Ma Ishtam?
My lead cast is lesbians. Apart from that, I did not dwell on the details of how they turned into lesbians and whether they will be accepted in society or not. The film is my kind of a crime thriller with solid drama.
Generally, girls are the victims of such crime stories. Who is the victim here in Maa Ishtam?
Maa Istham is a regular crime drama set in a unique backdrop. Here the girls take charge and whether they are the victims or they target anyone will be known only once you watch the film.
What is your take on Pan-India films?
Pan-India films are not a new concept in India. Shankar started the trend way back with Gentleman and Indian. Such trends come in phases and I feel this pan-India craze will also fade away in a few years from now and something else will come up.
Looks like there is a lot of skin show in the film?
Laughs. As the love-making scenes are novel and relatable, everyone is getting connected to them. But Maa Ishtam has more action than romance and will thrill the audience.
My Hindi web series is done with its shoot and so is the Telugu film Konda. Apart from this, there are a few more projects which I will announce soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Sumanth Prabhas – It was Anurag Anna’s idea to promote Mem Famous using a band set
- Interview : Pavitra Lokesh – Malli Pelli is not targeting any specific person
- I will not cheat the audience in Malli Pelli – Director MS Raju
- Interview : Anurag, Sharath, & Chandru Mohan – Mem Famous will have Pelli Choopulu’s sensibility & Jathi Rathnalu’s humor
- Interview : Nandini Reddy – There are seven primary characters in Anni Manchi Sakunamule
- Interview : Santosh Sobhan – Anni Manchi Sakunamule is a film that needs to be watched on big screens
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food