Mega Powerstar Ram Charan’s latest outing, Rangasthalam, opened to positive word of mouth yesterday and is performing extremely well at the box office. On this occasion, we caught up the film’s director Sukumar for a brief interview. Here is the transcript:
Q) How are you enjoying the film’s success?
A) I’m very happy and satisfied with the kind of response the film has been receiving. I would like to especially thank Telugu audience for making this happen.
Q) You have worked very hard on the film for almost one year. How are you planning to spend the free time?
A) I have decided to spend some quality time with my family. Especially with my kids.
Q) What was Chiranjeevi’s reaction after the film’s release?
A) He is very happy with the kind of response the film is getting. I met him at his residence last night. He immediately hugged me tight and appreciated me.
Q) What do you think is the main reason for the film’s success?
A) Ram Charan. His acting and screen presence took the film to the next level. I owe the film’s success to him completely.
Q) Have you done any homework to design Chitti Babu’s character?
A) Yeah, I had worked on a few details like how a hearing disability person would react in real-life and the typical mindset of village people.
Q) Will you continue doing village-based films further?
A) Definitely. I will continue doing films with village backdrop in future as well.
Articles that might interest you:
- Exclusive Interview : Neeraja Kona- I am all set to direct my first film
- Exclusive Interview : Dakkshi Guttikonda- I learned a lot from RGV
- Exclusive Interview : Satyadev- My best is yet to come
- Exclusive Interview : Pradeep Maddali- Satyadev is the most underrated actor
- Exclusive Interview : Siddhu Jonnalagadda- We never expected such a huge response
- Exclusive Interview : Ravikanth Perepu – I was waiting for this day from four years