Nandamuri Kalyan Ram’s latest thriller, 118, had a low-key release on March 1. However, this KV Guhan directorial is going from strength to strength thanks to the positive reviews and good word of mouth. The film is turning out to be a profitable venture for its buyers and East Coast Productions banner.
Let’s have a glance at 118’s complete business details. The film was made with a total budget of Rs 13.5 crore (production cost of Rs 11.5 crore plus another Rs 2 crore for promotions). The film’s Telugu satellite and digital streaming rights were acquired by Gemini TV for a cool Rs 3.50 crore. Another Rs 3.70 crore were retrieved from the Hindi digital and dubbing rights.
Coming to the theatrical rights in the twin Telugu states, top producer Dil Raju had acquired 118’s Andhra and Nizam rights for Rs 5 crore on Non Refundable Advance (NRA) basis. The Ceded rights were sold for Rs 1.30 crore on NRA basis. And then, the Karnataka rights were sold for Rs 70 lakhs.
Until Sunday, 118 collected Rs 4.33 crore share, which means a recovery of more than 70 percent of the investment. The film is expected to break even by today (Maha Shivratri holiday). From tomorrow, 118 will enter into profit zone. On the whole, 118 turns out to be a highly profitable venture for its buyers and makers, and a much needed hit for Kalyan Ram.
Articles that might interest you:
- Is her character going to be the backbone for Nishabdham?
- Bhaagamathie director’s next to have a direct OTT release
- Noted channel bags Nidhhi Agerwal’s film
- Tollywood stars planning big-What about Ram Charan?
- Yet another actor from Ananya and Chunkey Pandey’s family to make his debut
- When will Pawan Kalyan resume Vakeel Saab’s shooting?