As many as 14 films are in race to be chosen as India’s official entry at the 94th Academy Awards. The Oscars ceremony will be held on March 27 next year. A 15-member jury from the Film Federation of India, headed by acclaimed Malayalam cinematographer and filmmaker, Shaji N. Karun, has begun the process of selecting India’s official entry at the Oscars, 2022.
The selection committee had landed in Kolkata on Monday and, over a period of 5 days, the members will be watching 14 movies from across country to chose the final entry. Films like Nayattu (Malayalam), Mandela (Tamil), Sherni (Hindi), Bridge (Assamese), Chello Show (Gujarati) and Sardar Udham (Hindi) are the prime contenders for this year’s selection. The jury’s decision will be announced this weekend.
Articles that might interest you:
- Suriya’ film becomes most searched 2021 film on Google
- Ravi Teja turns singer for his crazy project
- Noted Bollywood actor turns director
- Government should reconsider ticket price issue – C. Kalyan
- Uppena fame, Krithi Shetty signs her first female-centric film?
- Team RRR warns audience ahead of the trailer release