Until recently, there were several reports that Super Star Rajinikanth’s highly-anticipated sci-fi extravaganza, 2.0, will hit the screens on April 27. This came as a huge shocker to the fans and the makers of two of the most eagerly awaited Telugu movies, Bharath Ane Nenu and Naa Peru Surya, which are also slated to release on the same day.
However, much to everyone’s relief, Rajini, during a meeting with his fans in December last week, announced that 2.0 will release on April 14. But here comes an unexpected shocker. Ever since 2.0’s Kerala theatrical rights were acquired by popular Malayalam film distribution house August Cinema for a whopping 16 crore, there has been a strong buzz in Tamil and Malayalam film circles that 2.0 is again back to April 27 release.
Needless to say, this confusion in 2.0’s release date is sending panic waves across the fans of Mahesh Babu and Allu Arjun and even the trade circles in the twin Telugu states. We will have to wait for a few more days for a final word on 2.0’s release date.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rashmika’s cute intro for Sarileru’s ‘He’s So Cute’ song goes viral
- Virata Parvam’s superb poster out on Rana’s birthday
- Raashi Khanna has no time to rest
- Buzz picking up for Pratiroju Pandage
- Mattu Vadalara’s unique promotions become a talking point
- Venky Mama opens to solid occupancy all over