Super Star Rajinikanth and maverick director Shankar’s much acclaimed sci-fi thriller, 2.0, has finally breached the $1 million mark at the US box-office. Going by the latest trends, 2.0 will end up grossing over $2.5 million over the weekend.
2.0 had collected surprisingly less than Rajini’s previous film Kaala from the Wednesday night premieres in the US. By the end of day 1, 2.0 had collected $889,600 ($538K + $351K). On Friday, until 2:15 PM EST, 2.0 collected a gross of $305,439 from 272 locations.
With nearly $7 million at stake, 2.0 must perform exceedingly well at the US box-office to reach the break even mark.
- Ram Charan to shake a leg with Bollywood actress
- Whopping budget for Gunasekhar-Rana’s Hiranyakasipa
- Vijay Deverakonda in talks for yet another Telugu-Tamil bilingual?
- 2.0 achieves a rare feat in three languages
- Young heroine’s 50th film lands in an unexpected controversy