The sudden postponement of Super Star Rajinikanth’s highly-anticipated sci-fi thriller, 2.0, from January to April next year has set off a chain reaction of sorts in the Tamil film trade circles. 2.0 is tentatively scheduled for an April 13th release.
This led to a speculation that Rajini’s gangster drama, Kaala, which was supposed to be released in April as a Tamil New Year treat, will hit the screens in January, in place of 2.0. However, Kaala’s producer and Rajini’s son-in-law Dhanush’s production house has clarified that Kaala will not release in January.
The much-needed clarification came from the Super Star himself. Rajini told his fans at an international airport that Kaala will not release ahead of 2.0. Rajini’s revelation has now given rise to the reports that Kaala will release in June, while 2.0 will have summer release. We will have to wait for the official announcements from both the teams.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kannada superstar on-board for Prabhas’s Adipurush?
- Talk – Bigg Boss 5 not to happen this year?
- Shilpa Shetty’s family in COVID scare
- Chay-Raashi Khanna’s Thank You wrapped up
- Sundeep Kishan locks an interesting bilingual
- Suriya going the Pawan Kalyan way- Deets inside