And finally, on the 15th day since its grand worldwide release, Super Star Rajinikanth and maverick director Shankar’s sci-fi 3D extravaganza, 2.0, has entered the rare Rs 700 crore gross club (including Tamil, Telugu and Hindi versions). With this, 2.0 has become the first Tamil film to achieve this coveted feat.
2.0 has now emerged all-time second highest grossing South Indian film after Baahubali 2, and all-time sixth highest grossing Indian film, after Dangal, Baahubali 2, Secret Superstar, Bajrangi Bhaijaan and PK. Despite such a terrific box-office performance, 2.0, may end up as a loss making venture for the buyers in most locations, as the purchase rates are quite high
Articles that might interest you:
- Bheeshma’s solid first week Nizam share
- Bollywood star confirmed for Khaidi remake
- An extensive schedule awaits Allu Arjun-Sukumar film
- After Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo, Tabu to act in yet another Telugu film?
- Legendary Editor Sreekar Prasad enters Limca Book of Records
- Jungle anthem from Rana’s Aranya is out