Maverick director Shankar is currently camped in Los Angeles, USA, overseeing the VFX work for his highly-anticipated sci-fi extravaganza, 2.0. The film was supposed to hit the screens in April.
But the latest buzz in the Tamil media and trade circles is that the VFX work is taking longer than expected and that 2.0 may not make it to the screens as scheduled earlier. Buzz is that the film is postponed to late summer, tentatively to August second week, to cash in on the Independence Day weekend. However, the makers are yet to make an official announcement regarding the film’s postponement or the release date.
Super Star Rajinikanth, Bollywood action hero Akshay Kumar, Brit beauty Amy Jackson and others popular actors are part of this 450 crore 3D spectacle. Lyca Productions banner has bankrolled the movie and AR Rahman is the film’s music composer.
- Thala Ajith to remake Amitabh Bachchan’s film?
- Trouble brewing: Yet another Jayalalithaa biopic announced
- Geetha Govindam achieves a rare feat in Krishna region
- Actor finalized for Daggubati Venkateswara Rao’s role in NTR
- Geetha Govindam two-day TN collections