Super Star Rajinikanth and star Tamil director Shankar’s highly-anticipated sci-fi extravaganza, 2.0, was supposed to hit the screens on January 25. However, fans were in for a huge disappointment when the news of the film getting postponed to Summer next year emerged this morning.
After the disappointment, here’s something to cheer for. 2.0 has sealed a perfect date as the latest updates reveal that the makers have decided to release the film on April 13, to coincide with Tamil New Year. A summer release for any high budget star film is essential for its box-office prospects. A new poster with the official announcement of the new date will be out soon.
2.0 also features Akshay Kumar and Amy Jackson in crucial roles. AR Rahman’s music is enthralling fans. Lyca Productions is leaving no stone unturned to make this film a grand affair.
- Poll : What did you think of Subramanyapuram’s trailer?
- Case filed against noted actor
- Sarkar Tamil version finally breaches $1M mark
- Poll: Which among these is your favorite Thaman album?
- What next for Sreenu Vaitla?