Released amid a humongous hype and expectations, Super Star Rajinikanth and director Shankar’s sci-fi magnum opus, 2.0, went on to set several new records in Tamil Nadu. The film, until Sunday, collected a gross of Rs 18.41 crores in the Chennai city.
And today, 2.0 is going to surpass Baahubali 2’s Tamil version’s lifetime collections (Rs 18.82 crore gross) and emerge all-time highest grossing movie in Chennai. 2.0 has so far collected over Rs 600 crore gross across the world. The film has already emerged Kollywood’s all-time top earner, beating Kabali.
Articles that might interest you:
- Exclusive interview : Eesha Rebba- 2021 will change my career in a big way
- Star actor-filmmaker announces Chandramukhi sequel
- After Kamal, Rajini offers his property to be used as Corona isolation ward
- Acclaimed Telugu thriller to be remade in Kannada
- Megastar’s huge trust in young director
- Corona scare- Film budgets and remunerations to take a beating