Released amid a humongous hype and expectations, Super Star Rajinikanth and director Shankar’s sci-fi magnum opus, 2.0, went on to set several new records in Tamil Nadu. The film, until Sunday, collected a gross of Rs 18.41 crores in the Chennai city.
And today, 2.0 is going to surpass Baahubali 2’s Tamil version’s lifetime collections (Rs 18.82 crore gross) and emerge all-time highest grossing movie in Chennai. 2.0 has so far collected over Rs 600 crore gross across the world. The film has already emerged Kollywood’s all-time top earner, beating Kabali.
Articles that might interest you:
- Akhanda’s final schedule to be action-packed
- After signing Pawan’s film, talented actress in talks for Amazon series
- Sudeep all set to commence dubbing for Vikrant Rona
- Sridevi’s younger daughter all set to debut soon?
- Tamannah in talks for a Pan-India biggie?
- Former heroine to reprise Tabu’s role in Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo Bollywood remake?