Shankar-Rajinikanth-Akshay Kumar’s 2.O is doing record business even before its release. While the film’s satellite rights have already been sold for a whopping amount, the latest buzz is that the theatrical rights too have fetched a record amount.
Buzz is that Lyca Productions, which produced the film, has sold the Hindi version’s theatrical rights for Rs 80 crores, which is the highest ever in Rajinikanth and Shankar’s career. In contrast, their biggest hit Endhiran (Robo) had collected close to Rs 22 crores (nett) in its full run back in 2010.
Ever since Baahubali 1 and Baahubali 2 turned out to be staggering hits in North India, the demand for South Indian films has spiked and the presence of Akshay Kumar is definitely helping 2.O. The film, which also stars Amy Jackson, is slated for release on January 25, 2018.
- Telugu filmmaker’s Chinese film gets bigger
- Irrfan Khan pens a moving note from London as he battles a rare cancer
- Versatile artiste’s key role in Mahesh25
- Don’t call my son Jr Powerstar: Renu Desai tells Pawan fans
- Sammohanam & Abhimanyudu’s latest Krishna collections