Shankar-Rajinikanth-Akshay Kumar’s 2.O is doing record business even before its release. While the film’s satellite rights have already been sold for a whopping amount, the latest buzz is that the theatrical rights too have fetched a record amount.
Buzz is that Lyca Productions, which produced the film, has sold the Hindi version’s theatrical rights for Rs 80 crores, which is the highest ever in Rajinikanth and Shankar’s career. In contrast, their biggest hit Endhiran (Robo) had collected close to Rs 22 crores (nett) in its full run back in 2010.
Ever since Baahubali 1 and Baahubali 2 turned out to be staggering hits in North India, the demand for South Indian films has spiked and the presence of Akshay Kumar is definitely helping 2.O. The film, which also stars Amy Jackson, is slated for release on January 25, 2018.
Articles that might interest you:
- Hrithik makes jaw-dropping profits from War!
- Operation Gold Fish has a dull first weekend
- We have lived up to the reputation of Chiru sir’s Khaidi title: Karthi
- Mahesh Babu’s Sarileru Neekevvaru in last leg of production
- Raju Gari Gadhi 3 has a solid first weekend
- Noted Bollywood musicians for Chiranjeevi’s next?