Super Star Rajinikanth’s latest action entertainer, Petta, released on January 10 as a Sankranthi festive treat for fans. Directed by young filmmaker Karthik Subbaraj and produced by Sun Pictures banner, the film had Rajini in dual avatars.
Petta’s Tamil version received average to above average reviews upon its release. One of the major complaints about the film was its 172 minute duration. But the latest reports reveal that at least 20 minute footage from Petta’s second half will be chopped off and that the trimmed version will be screened in cinemas from Monday.
Petta released amid a huge competition from Ajith’s Viswasam. However, the film is performing quite well at the box-offices in Tamil Nadu and other overseas destinations.
Articles that might interest you:
- Wink sensation Priya Prakash to debut in Sandalwood
- When Shahid refused to act in Arjun Reddy’s remake for this reason
- Kabir Singh repeats Arjun Reddy’s feat in these aspects
- Will this young hero impress in an action avatar?
- Bollywood trade prediction: Advantage Prabhas over Akshay & John
- Sharwanand’s shoulder surgery lasts for 11 hours; Shifted to ICU