Super Star Rajinikanth’s latest action entertainer, Petta, released on January 10 as a Sankranthi festive treat for fans. Directed by young filmmaker Karthik Subbaraj and produced by Sun Pictures banner, the film had Rajini in dual avatars.
Petta’s Tamil version received average to above average reviews upon its release. One of the major complaints about the film was its 172 minute duration. But the latest reports reveal that at least 20 minute footage from Petta’s second half will be chopped off and that the trimmed version will be screened in cinemas from Monday.
Petta released amid a huge competition from Ajith’s Viswasam. However, the film is performing quite well at the box-offices in Tamil Nadu and other overseas destinations.
Articles that might interest you:
- Anushka politely declines star hero project
- Akhil, Pooja Hegde shake a leg for a fun song
- Prabhas20’s next schedule postponed to January?
- Young director joins Netflix’s Lust Stories Telugu
- Ala Vaikuntapurramulo’s teaser update postponed
- Poll : What did you think of Ruler’s trailer?