Ever since Tamil star Suriya inked the deal with Amazon Prime for the digital premiere of his wife Jyothika starrer Pon Magal Vandhal, the Tamil Nadu Film Exhibitors Association has been protesting against the actor’s move to skip the theatrical release. Even as the controversy is yet to subside, Suriya has found support from over 30 Tamil film producers.
Yesterday, several prominent Tamil producers issued a press release, extending support to producers who wish to release their films directly on OTT platforms without a theatrical release. The producers said that every producer has the right to decide on the measures to recover his or her investments especially when the uncertainty due to the Coronavirus pandemic posing a huge threat.
The producers also urged the exhibitors to understand their plight and requested a meeting along with the distributors association once the lockdown is lifted.
Articles that might interest you:
- Suriya’s Aakaasam Nee Haddhu Raa’s OTT release postponed
- Balakrishna reveals interesting details about Narthanasala
- Extra care on Nani’s Tuck Jagadish’s sets
- Chiranjeevi’s wishes for ailing Rajasekhar win hearts
- Dil Raju delaying Vakeel Saab’s release date only for this reason
- Taiwanese minister is a fan of Baahubali